New Penn Financial continues to monitor the impact from Hurricane Irma.
New Penn Financial continues monitor the impact from Hurricane Irma.
All locked loans in the impacted counties that are expiring this month have been extended to September 29th at no cost to the borrower. We will continue to evaluate the pipeline throughout the month.
Based upon new information received additional counties that are designated for Individual Assistance from FEMA have been added in the state of Florida. In addition, 3 counties have been added for the state of Georgia. Below is a list of all of the currently declared counties in Florida and Georgia with new additions in bold font.
Florida Impacted Counties
Alucha, Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, DeSoto, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lafayette, Lake, Lee, Levy, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Sarasota, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, Suwanee, Union and Volusia
Georgia Impacted Counties
Camden, Chatham and Glynn
Conditions are being added to loans that will require an inspection per the New Penn Financial Disaster Policy - Section 3.14 or a full appraisal for those loans where a PIW/ACE had previously been issued.
- Conventional: Inspections may be ordered for all Conventional loans at this time. A 1004D, FNMA form 2075 or Disaster Inspection Report (DAIR) may be ordered.
- VA: Inspections may be ordered for VA loans at this time. In accordance with VA requirements the Lender Certification and Veteran Certification must be completed prior to closing. A 1004D, FNMA form 2075 or Disaster Inspection Report (DAIR) may be ordered.
- FHA: FHA requires a post disaster inspection to be dated after the end date of a Federally Declared Disaster. At present time an end date has not been issued by FEMA. FHA has issued a waiver to allow inspections to be ordered for loans impacted by Irma in the state of Florida only as of September 19th. Orders may now be placed for inspections on properties in Florida only and must be dated on or after September 19th.In accordance with FHA requirements the inspection must be completed by an FHA roster appraiser and may be done by an FHA appraiser other than the original appraiser who completed the original appraisal report.
- Jumbo: At present time inspections for loans in Jumbo D, F and J products may be ordered.
- Contact should be made with the borrower to confirm the property was not damaged prior to ordering any inspection report.
We will continue to monitor FEMA announcements for any further impacted counties in Florida and Georgia as well as the other states that were impacted by Irma. New Penn Financial will make updates as necessary based on any additional information received.