Effective immediately, NewRez will begin supporting the increased conforming loan limits that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac announced on Tuesday November 26th.
The 2020 maximum standard loan limits have increased to $510,400 for loans delivered on or after January 1, 2020. High-Cost areas have been updated to a maximum ceiling of $765,600*. The 2020 limits can be accessed at the following link: 2020 Conforming Loan Limits.
What you should know and actions you can take:
- New registrations and pipeline loans will be permitted to close at the increased limits if desired. Pipeline loans will need to be re-underwritten if previously approved. (See below regarding DU/LPA).
- You may review existing Jumbo pipeline loans to see if there is a benefit to the borrower to switch to conforming. If switched, pricing will be current market pricing.
- LPA update will take place today, December 4, 2019.
- DU update will take place on December 7, 2019 so you will receive messaging regarding ineligibility for loan size if using the new limits. Underwriting will be able to approve these loans provided the ineligible reason is only for loan amount and the loan amount is within the new limits.
Please note that loan limit changes are for conforming loans only. Changes to FHA, VA and USDA loan limits are typically announced at a later date and have different requirements regarding registration and/or closing under any new limits announced. A separate announcement regarding changes to FHA, VA and USDA limits will follow once official updates are made.
* As a reminder, actual loan limits for certain high-cost areas, as determined by FHFA, may be lower than the maximum high-cost area limit. When originating High Balance or Super Conforming mortgages, you must check the loan limits for the specific county where the property is located.
Please reference our product matrices for full details of the changes outlined in this announcement.